Awards & Recognition
New gTLD Resource Center
Shut down the online distribution and promotion of pirated digital content
Global piracy affects a wide-range of digital content—movies, music, software, games and e-books. Rights owners must take a proactive and comprehensive approach to fighting online piracy, by pinpointing and monitoring illegal download activity across a wide-array of Internet channels—peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, user generated content, blogs, live and video streaming sites and usenet services—as well as detecting and disrupting the related promotional activity on search engines, websites and social media sites.
Our anti-piracy technology powers the industry's most complete solution for monitoring, detecting and responding to piracy and related promotional activities.
MarkMonitor AntiPiracy™ Highlights
Efficiently detects piracy across the Internet by simultaneously monitoring millions of P2P users across all major networks, live and video streaming sites, auction sites, blogs, exchanges, websites and online forums
Helps prevent unauthorized distribution and selling of copyrighted works by quickly clamping down on sites and networks that make the materials available
Protects revenue anticipated from new releases by proactively detecting and responding to pre-release copies on the Internet
Provides extensive forensic evidence for possible future legal action against online pirates
Measures effectiveness of anti-piracy efforts through comprehensive reporting of piracy abuses which have been detected and successfully taken down
Optimizes anti-piracy budgets through flexible business models and service levels to suit the needs of any corporation
Unparalleled, Full-Spectrum Anti-Piracy Solution for Digital Content
- Monitor movies, music, games, eBooks and software, pre- and post-release
- Monitor all major P2P networks, cyberlockers, live and video streaming sites
- Monitor video linking sites, blogs, newsgroups
2.Verify and Gather Evidence
- Verify infringement, presence of copyrighted material
- Detect related, suspicious listings on other Internet channels
- Capture extensive evidence on infringers for potential future use in legal cases
- Send automated DMCA takedown notices to ISPs hosting infringing sites
- Send auction and exchange de-listing requests, cease and desist letters to website owners
- Steer Internet users away from sites with infringing material via the MarkMonitor Trusted Brand Broadcast System™
- Deliver comprehensive online and real-time reports detailing ongoing piracy activity and results of enforcement efforts
Demand for pirated goods continues to rise, with industry sources estimating lost revenue worldwide due to counterfeiting and piracy at $350B annually. As losses mount, affected industries have less to invest in future releases. And those future releases in turn are threatened by revenue loss from pre-release leaks.
The answer? Monitor, detect and enforce—across as many online distribution and promotional channels as possible to shut down pirated digital goods, wherever they appear.