Together with MarkMonitor, bridging the gap between the virtual and physical worlds
New gTLD Resource Center
Online sales are booming—phishers, scammers and counterfeiters want in
According to eMarketer, online retail sales will rise at double-digit rates for the next three years. Masters at using brands to drive business, many retailers are now seeing online sales begin to outstrip the growth in the brick-and-mortar side of their business.
That’s real opportunity for e-tailers—but also for fraudsters out to steal business, and for cybercriminals and unscrupulous competitors who exploit trusted brand names to lure consumers to illicit sites. Using , , and , they away from legitimate online venues. Other outlaws leverage trusted brands to mount attacks and gift card scams, while counterfeiters use auction sites and eCommerce sites to sell their illicit wares. In fact, savvy eCriminals routinely create their own eCommerce stores to market and sell their branded goods.
The impact on legitimate brandholders? Revenue losses in the millions, lower marketing ROI, erosion in brand equity, and waning customer loyalty and trust—not to mention a growing reluctance, by many consumers, to make purchases online.
Fortunately, online retailers can protect their brands and revenues by taking proactive, holistic action. MarkMonitor® can help.
MarkMonitor at Work
A large multi-national retailer with numerous name brands, operating online and in many stores worldwide, fights , counterfeiting and phishing scams online using MarkMonitor Brand Protection™, Domain Management and MarkMonitor AntiFraud™.
Global domain management and enforcement against online sales of counterfeit
branded goods recoup lost revenue and reduce stolen web traffic.
How MarkMonitor Protects Retail Brands
- Keep web traffic—and sales—flowing to legitimate retail sites, by shutting down search abuse, spam, domain squatting and other web traffic interception schemes
- Maintain consumer confidence in making online purchases—and keep sales strong—by quickly identifying and shutting down phish attacks, gift card scams and other fraudulent schemes
- Safely establish online storefronts and other web assets through proactive and efficient domain portfolio management
- Keep your brand strong by detecting and appropriately responding to misuse and misrepresentation of brands by scammers or competitors
- 90% decrease in squatted domains, significantly reducing the traffic diverted away from retailer sites
- Dramatic cost savings and efficiency gains through global consolidation of domain portfolio management